Avisar’s trusted team of Chartered Professional Accountants provides a ‘beyond the numbers’ approach to problems and questions, working in-detail without losing perspective on the big picture as it relates to our clients’ needs, business and industry.
As with our clients, we offer our employees a better option. Our respectful, family-like team is passionate about making a difference within our community by building positive relationships and improving the lives of our team.
We are proud to have built a positive environment where people can grow, support each other, and be supported, where the challenges are within the work itself, not the work environment. And as a result, we have had the pleasure of working with the majority of our employees for many years.
We enjoy working together, learning from each other, developing our skills, and supporting each other through the challenges that come with being in public practice. Avisar is built on a culture of constant improvement where we are continually refining our processes for efficiency and to ensure we are providing excellent client service.
Our employees are the heart of our business, and we are committed to a healthy work-life balance. We encourage our team to rest and recharge after particularly busy seasons of work while supporting them with the tools and resources they need to thrive.
Your day-to-day duties as an accountant will include:
- Preparation of personal, corporate and trust income tax returns
- Preparation of Compilation financial statements
- Preparation of information reporting returns
- General bookkeeping duties
Although you would find benefit from previous exposure to Caseware and Profile, your ability to learn and grasp new technologies will be a leading factor in your success at Avisar.
Like all Avisar’s team members, you are focused on personal and professional growth and take personal responsibility for tasks that you have been assigned or new opportunities that you see.
- Commerce or Business Administration degree (accounting major), or other degree with Chartered Professional Accountant preparatory courses (CPA PREP)
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral
- Ability to enter data quickly and accurately
- Established time management skills as required by the seasonal workflow of a general accounting practice
- Entrepreneurial spirit, keen interest in making things better, a willingness to challenge the status quo and enthusiasm to grow both professionally and personally
WHY WORK HERE?
These are just a few of the many reasons there are to join us:
- We know that all of you is coming to work, and are whole-person-focused, and offer a work/life balance in which you take the lead
- Our respect for your time is reflected in our time management policies including acknowledgement and tracking of overtime, which can be taken as additional time off during our off-peak seasons.
- We offer a competitive salary, health benefits, 3 weeks vacation to start, workplace flexibility, plus bonuses
- Work with a seasoned team within a rewarding workplace culture that breeds long tenure, with opportunities to mentor and be mentored
- We value open communication, peer mentorship, individual responsibility, and autonomy over hierarchies and strict org charts, and we focus on your strengths and your individual development, including regular performance feedback
- We leverage technology and innovation to support your work and our clients
CPA STUDENT FOCUSED BENEFITS
- Preapproved training office for Assurance, Compilation, Tax (ACT) Pathway
- Dedicated CPA student mentors
- Established peer mentorship program
- Upfront payment of CPA dues, course module fees and Densmore CFE preparation course fees
- One paid study day available for each CPA module
- Customary CFE preparation leave for all first-time writers.
We would love to hear from you! Send us an email with your cover letter indicating why you are the right fit for this role, resume, and your unofficial transcripts to email@example.com. If you are good at following instructions, you will know to put “Ready to learn” in the subject line and address your cover letter to “Tanya Lind, Office Manager”.